Watch the slackliners from Turkey clown around at the 3rd Annual Turkish Highline Carnival.
OurAmazingWorld.org is crowdfunding to help pay for their travel expenses to visit more refugee camps in late-May. Please enjoy Bulut's short film of their visit, 'The Happiness Cycle,' and share the link so we can help these guys out. Thank you!
Read more about the Annual Turkish Highline Carnival below.
How do I get around?
All the lines are walking distance from the base camps, Josito, Rido, and Climbers Garden... so once you are in Geyikbayiri you won't need to use a car.
Where do I stay?
There are a couple of camp sites to stay in this area, including Josito camp (http://www.josito.de/), Rido camp (http://ridocamping.com/) and Climbers Garden (http://www.climbersgarden.com/)
What if I fall off the highline?
How to get there:
Antalya has a major international airport.
Transfers from the airport to Geyikbayiri are organized by the camps, so contact them and make a reservation.
If you go by car:
You can put this in your GPS or contact Josito or Rido where the base camps are located and they can help you get there.
If you're good with directions, here's a map...
- Highline gear if possible (bananas, lines, back up, metal, slings, pullie system, leash rings)
- Climbing stuff
- Tent and sleeping bag if you camp but you can also rent a bungalow
- A costume (its carnival baby so lets get dressed and go crazy)
- Anything else you need to stay comfortable and happy
Schedule at the recent Carnival
- Yoga, arriving, register in the camps, workshop
- 2/15 - yoga, workshop, opening party and adana kebap (vegi and meet) rido camp with dj methan!!!
- 2/16 - yoga, workshop
- 2/17 - yoga
- 2/18 - yoga
- 2/19 - yoga
- 2/20 - yoga
- 2/21 - carnival party at josito with livebands, dj, fireshow and Turkish buffet
- 2/22 - derigging!!
They also have a workshop for newbies
For all the rookies we will give a workshop about highlining (safe rigging, highline techniques and and and) so feel free to join
Contact the organizer via email or Facebook
Here is the 2015 THC Facebook page