- Professor of Near Eastern Studies
- Director, The Institute for Transregional Studies at Princeton University
- Senior Associate, Middle East Program, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Meghan O'Sullivan (Moderator)
- Jeane Kirkpatrick Professor of the Practice of International Affairs, Harvard Kennedy School
- Member of the Board, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
Video date: March 1, 2016
Saudi Arabia continues to challenge relations with its allies, including Canada and the United States, and appears more prepared than ever to take off the gloves for battle with Iran for increased control of the Persian Gulf region.
In this lecture Bruce Riedel discusses Middle East policy with a focus on Saudi Arabia and its evolving role in the region. Riedel is director of the Intelligence Project at the Brookings Institution. He joined Brookings in 2006, after 30 years service at the Central Intelligence Agency including postings overseas in the Middle East and Europe. Riedel was a senior advisor on South Asia and the Middle East to the last four presidents of the United States in the staff of the National Security Council at the White House.
Video date: March 31, 2016